Cancellation & Policies
- Taxes- The city of Seward charges 11% tax, which will be added to the cost of your stay at the time of booking.
- Traveling with Minors- all guests must be acknowledged at the time of booking.
- Accessibility or Special Needs- Our building is over 100 years old. We do not have an elevator. We have 19 steps guests must be able to climb in order to access the rooms (except the Seahorse Cottage, which only has 3 steps on the front porch)
- Parking- Parking for the apartments at 225 4th Ave is available on-street directly outside our property. There is no fee or time limit. Private parking is available for the Seahorse cottage on-site, in the driveway. The driveway holds approx. 2 cars.
- Vouchers for the Sea Bean cafe (applies to the apartments located above the Sea Bean only)- each guest listed in the reservation will receive one $5 (five-dollar) coupon per person, per day of your stay during our summer season only (approx. May 1- Sept 15 annually). No cash back, no cash value.
PAYMENT OF CHARGES. 50% of booking due at time of reservation, with the remainder due 14 days before arrival. We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover and cash as payment. If you have paid with a credit card, your card will be automatically debited for the balance at 14 days prior to your arrival. Please contact us before this if you wish to use a different payment method. We will send you an email reminder regarding the payment procedure around 15 days prior to your reservation as well.
CANCELLATION POLICY. We have a 14-day cancellation policy. All cancellation requests must be received via email- we will not process cancellation requests over the phone. (This is so both parties have a record of the transaction) We will issue a 100% refund up to 14 days prior to your arrival, minus a $25 processing fee. Within 14 days, you are responsible for the full cost of the reservation, less any part that can be rebooked. Please email or call us after your checkout date to see if we were able to rebook the unit. Should you need to cancel, please contact us as soon as possible. We will make every effort to rebook the unit. Please note: if you booked through a third party (Expedia, booking.com, airbnb, VRBO, Homeaway, etc, their policies supersede ours)
CHECK-IN. We operate on a self check-in basis. There are two doors you will need codes for- the outside door, and the door to your specific apartment. (Exception is the Seahorse Cottage- you only need one code). The codes will be emailed to you 14 days prior to your arrival, and again at 3 days before you check-in. If you are traveling, and will not have access to your email, please let us know when you make your reservation, so we can arrange an alternate way to send you the codes. Check-in time is after 4:00 p.m. on the Check-In Day. Please call in advance to arrange a specific check-in time if needed. Reasonable check-in requests can be accommodated, depending on circumstances.
CHECK-OUT. Check-out must be complete and the premises vacated by 11:00 a.m. on Check-Out Day to allow time to prepare for the next scheduled guests. We can occasionally accommodate reasonable late check-out requests (depending on how many rooms we have to turn over that day). You must ask to stay later by texting us at (907) 491-0473 or (907) 422-7125. We have a $20 per hour late check-out fee, which will be charged the day you are scheduled to leave.
PETS. Pets are not permitted in any part of the rental property – inside or out. This applies to live animals of any kind, even if you intend to keep them in their cages/boxes or outside. Sauerdough Lodging is represented as a pet free rental inside and out, and we cannot make exceptions for fish, reptiles, dogs, cats, birds, bunnies, mice, or any living things other than Guests.
SMOKING. ALL types of smoking and vaping are not permitted on the Property inside or out. Violation is grounds for immediate termination and eviction with no refunds of Rent or Tax. Should we find evidence of smoking in your room, you will be charged a $400 cleaning fee at checkout.
BREAKAGE. Please let us know if anything in the unit is broken or damaged when you arrive, or if any breakage/damage occurs during your stay. We appreciate your honesty, and will do our best to remedy the situation.
FURNISHINGS. Our rentals are fully furnished. You will have everything you need to sleep, eat and be comfortable while you stay with us. We have an active inventory of what is available in each apartment that is reconciled at each check-out. We ask that you do not move items between units (sometimes happens if guests book multiple units for their party), and please do not remove anything from your apt. If we discover after inventory that items are missing, we will contact you and you may potentially be liable for replacement charges.